Welcome to The Pirate Pharmacist Blog

A blog concerning pharmacokinetics and rum.

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Weekend

This weekend was pretty relaxing. I slept alot and watched the entire first season of The Wire, which I had downloaded a few weeks ago. On Sunday I went to the local Unitarian Universalist church, which is held in a log cabin next to a park. Including myself, there were 16 people in attendance. Apparently, the local UU's aren't an official chapter because they don't have non-profit status or a minister. It's more of a group meeting and discussion than religious service and a little more left-wing than I'm used to, but the people are nice and most of them work at the hospital. All the same, I don't think I've even seen so many hippies wearing fur before. When the service ended, I stepped outside and it was snowing (it had been too cold to snow for the past week) and I said, "Oh, look! It's snowing!". At that point, the few people around me gave me a weird look. Apparently, snow is not as interesting of a thing for the denizens of the tundra as it was for me. Anyway, I took a few pictures of the inside of the building and the park. Afterwards, we all went out for brunch at....the Armenian Pizza Place! Needless to say, the restaurant choices here are limited. Either way, it's hard to mess up corned beef and hash. Mmmmmm.

The sled-dog race starts up this Friday, so I'll try to get pictures of that for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Too cold to snow. When it gets really cold, there's not enough moisture in the air because it all instantly freezes and you have blue skies. When it gets really cold, you can take a bucket of hot water and throw it into the air and it turns into steam!

    ReplyDelete