Welcome to The Pirate Pharmacist Blog

A blog concerning pharmacokinetics and rum.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My fun experiences today

So today I rounded with a doctor specializing in pediatrics and women's health. I got to do the following:

1. See a newborn taken from a Caesarean section and cleaned up. He turned from a dark purple to a bright pink after about 5 minutes on oxygen. Baby's doing fine.

2. Play with a 6 year old girl in the doctor's office. This cute little girl read my name badge and started going, "Erik! Erik! Erik!" and hiding when I looked at her. Then she'd stick her tongue out at me and run away when I made monster noises.

3. Explain to a native pharmacy tech all about the "native traditions" of the Lower 48, to which she was absolutely dumbfounded.

Nine days until I hop on a plane!

2 comments:

  1. On #3, what traditions were you explaining?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invitation protocols, figuring out who to invite, wedding registries, the ceremony, the rings, the dress, etc. Here when people get married, they just announce it on the radio to the villages, and whoever wants to show up does. Instead of presents, they bring food and have a big potluck. The rings here can vary from a quarter-prize-machine ring, a handmade ivory ring, or a gold ring with or without diamonds.

    ReplyDelete