Welcome to The Pirate Pharmacist Blog

A blog concerning pharmacokinetics and rum.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Puppies Postponed Again

Well, because of all the ice the Fiddle Dance was a bust. There were about 5 people that showed up, and twice as many people volunteering so I headed out after about an hour. The ice on the roads became so bad that the cabs stopped running. The picture of the iced-over parking lot is the parking lot of the Cultural Center where the Fiddle Dance was last night. After slipping and sliding home, I watched a bit of TV and headed to bed. Or at least I tried to despite the wailing banshees attacking the city.

About 10pm last night, the wind in Bethel picked up to 54 miles per hour with gusts up to 67. The entirety of Prison Row was shaking and rocking back in forth. As a reminder, all buildings in Bethel except for the hospital are built on wooden pilings. So with the wind whipping above, at, and below the house, I didn't get much sleep. Every so often something would break off of one of the other houses and skid/slide/scrape down the road past my place. So, that was exciting.

Waking up today, the sky is blue but because the streets and everything else is covered in a layer of melty ice the K300 was kicked back again to start noon tomorrow.

New pictures have been uploaded to the Flickr account, and should be showing on the column to the left.

Also this morning I went to Saturday Market, which is a big crafts fair held every month or so where Native Alaskans can sell their wares. I took a picture of the row of furs and myself holding a blue fox fur, which are both posted. The furs include foxes, badgers, mink, rabbit, muskrat and lynx. It was all I could do not to stand there all day and pet them.

So here I am again at the Armenian Pizza Place, uploading pictures and posting to the blog. Tomorrow, if the K300 starts up, I'll make sure to take a bunch of pictures.

Stay warm everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Picture of the Armenian Pizza Place added to my Photobucket account at

    http://photobucket.com/peterman99

    ReplyDelete