Welcome to The Pirate Pharmacist Blog

A blog concerning pharmacokinetics and rum.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

In Bethel

I'm in Bethel at the hospital right now (the only place with internet) and it's -45 degrees with wind chill right now, which I know for a fact because I walked here from the house (short walk, but parts of me are frozen). I'll try to get some pictures later this week, because my camera may freeze if I turn it on outside with the temperature the way it is. Also, I'm staying in a row of houses called "Prison Row" because I'm about 50 feet from a prison complex. I went to the grocery store last night and bought some bread, peanut butter, oatmeal, lunch meats and cheese and some stuff to make jambalaya........$69.42. I'll get my cab and meal vouchers tomorrow, so that'll be nice. I have a roomate for the next 3 weeks named Quang. He's from Vietnam and a really nice guy. Well, I'm going to head on back the the house now, which we keep warm at night by setting the oven to Broil and leaving it open. Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'll never complain about Harris Teeter prices again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And why are you in Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5-week pharmacy rotation, as part of my fourth year of pharmacy school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is it colder than a witches TIT there?

    Here are a few tips on gettin gour camera to work in the cold.
    1. Acclamate it, sometimes if you leave it out and there isnt any moisture it will work.
    2. Wrap it up with only the lens poking out
    3. keep it in your jacket and shoot from inside your jacket with the lens poking out.
    4. DONT GO to BFE ALASKA. lol

    ohh and watch out for Yeti's, I hear theyre in season about now.

    ReplyDelete