Welcome to The Pirate Pharmacist Blog

A blog concerning pharmacokinetics and rum.

Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm in Palin Country

Well, I got in last night at 10pm Alaska time. The flight was relatively uneventful, and I got a pretty good meal out of the deal. The only interesting part of the flight was when I started talking to the guy sitting next to me from Chicago to Anchorage. I told him I was going to Bethel, and he said, "Oh, we call that place BethHELL".... about that time I went back to my book and ignored him for the next six hours. Got my bags (bottles of scotch intact thank God) and went to get a taxi to the hotel. When I stepped outside, one of my lungs just about froze solid. Apparently, it's -3 degrees Farenheit here right now, which is colder than it usually is for this time of year. So....lucky me!

Got up this morning about 9am (noon eastern time) and I'm about to head out and get some breakfast. This will also be a nice test of whether I'm going to die of the cold, because I plan to walk there. I'll try to take some pictures on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment