Welcome to The Pirate Pharmacist Blog

A blog concerning pharmacokinetics and rum.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Big Names Today

Today I went to an Alzheimer's Hearing in the Senate, where the senators present included Specter (James Bond not in attendance).

The witnesses who spoke included:
  • Sandra Day O'Connor
  • Maria Shriver
  • Newt Gingrich
  • Bob Kerry
  • Some old dude

Because so many people were crammed in the room, I had to stand in the back and take notes. While I was taking notes, I noticed the woman in front of me was wearing a crown. Yes. A crown. I looked a bit closer and she was wearing a sash that said "Miss...." and I thought, "neat! it's Miss America!". But, then she turned around and the full sash said "Miss Sussex County".

Really? Sussex county? That gives you the right to waltz around the nation's capitol in a crown and sash? I don't think so.

Anywho, on the way back to the office walking through the tunnels underneath the Senate buildings, I passed right by none other than John Kerry. And let me tell you, that guy is gigantically tall at 6 feet, 4 1/2 inches. It was a neat experience to be able to walk right past a man who ran for President.

No comments:

Post a Comment